Friday, August 28, 2009

13 August

Arrived a little bit late into Miami last night. Had to fly a visual approach due to a rain storm sitting about 5 miles off of the end of the runway. It was a little bit crazy since a visual approach is the hardest thing to fly in the A-320, but we got it all sorted out by 1000 feet. The “meteor shower” was a bust from my perspective (38,000 feet). I think I saw two.

We did get St. Elmo’s fire flying around some thunderstorms near Daytona, Florida. It’s really quite something to see in the airplane, blue lightning bolts flickering around the bottom of your window and occasionally beginning to crawl up it in the darkness.

Thursday. Day 5 of my trip. LAX-MKE-LAX-MIA-DTW. Today we’ll go DTW-BWI-DTW, and then, Lord willing home. I’m going to try and ride a century tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment