Friday, August 28, 2009

20 August

Home again, home again. For a short time anyway. I go back on call at 1700 today. Pretty easy day yesterday, just LGA-MEM and then deadhead back to DTW. Of course that didn’t keep me from being tired by the time I got home. Took care of a few things, roasted some decaf (got some from Sweet Marias) and then to bed. Kelly got home from Cedar Point at about 1 a.m. and came in and talked for a few minutes. I guess she was supposed to be the ‘A’ driver for Badger and she slept all the way home until he turned onto Grand River with 3 miles to go. Great ‘A’ driver!

Had a talk with M. when I got home about school. What his motivations are in life, I do not pretend to know. Definitely exasperating, but God has put him where he is and given him the character that he does for a reason. I have to balance being a father and pushing him with allowing the Holy Spirit to work in his own time and way. Requires patience and seeing things from God’s perspective. Not easy as a parent at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment