Monday, September 21, 2009

21 September 2009

I had to get up at 0450 to make a 0915 departure for Denver so that I could get a line check on the way back from Denver. This was day of work 8 out of 9. I'm on call today, but hopefully I won't have to go in. At least the weather was gorgeous. The check pilot was Rainier Jennings who I know pretty well. He is a good guy. The line check went great and I was back home by 1900, tired. Watched some of the Cowboys/Giants game and then went to bed at 2200.

I woke up this morning at 0450 when my alarm went off for yesterday. Doh!

John Piper sent out the following tweet last week which made me put my thinking cap on. "God is the only Person for whom self-exaltation is an act of love. "He exalts himself to show mercy to you" (Isaiah 30:18).

Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.

For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.


Just so. Hard to get a handle on at first, but the Scriptures mean exactly what they say, and Piper is exactly correct. For any other being in the universe self-exaltation would be an act of sin. Since God is the highest being, self-exaltation for him is good and right because their is nothing higher or greater or mightier or more praiseworthy than himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment