Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

I had most of the day off in Cleveland since I don't leave until 11 p.m. (to take the Jazz back to SLC. I feel like a FedEx pilot!). Since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is about a half mile from the hotel I decided to attend. It was a little pricey $22, but pretty cool. Some good audio exhibits, not to mention Michael Jackson's glove and some of the goofy outfits worn by rock stars. Probably my favorite part was U2 in 3d, a pretty long concert that they taped in Argentina. U2 has an admirable social conscience but they mix it up with a lot of syncretistic lyrics. I wouldn't call them Christian in any sense of the word, at least if I understand Bono's lyrics correctly. At any rate, they put on a good show and there were a lot of good shots of the drummer!

Finished up and headed back to the room for a nap, but didn't sleep. It's going to be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment